Thursday, November 14, 2013

Educational Conference (Prince George)

I would like to thank School District 57 in Prince George for giving me such a wonderful opportunity to talk about the inclusion  of Indigenous content in the educational system. They suggested 20 minutes on the keynote topic and an hour to entertain the people. Well we certainly had the most wonderful fun time and everyone became involved in helping the dancers to follow the music as in the beautiful old dance tune``The Waltz Promenade``. All were laughing and talking and throughout the hall there was much laughter and visiting and good natured kidding. I was playing the fiddle and of course I played the ``Red River Jig`` and many people got up and showed us their steps. I also played the ``Drops of Brandy`` and instructed the new dancers and as they began to dance everyone eagerly instructed the laughing dancers. People just had the greatest evening of fun. Thank you to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment